Culinary adventures have always been a strong interest of mine. I learned to cook from scratch, without recipe’s, and without measuring. I let imagination, and desire guide my creations; but usually the greatest discoveries come from working with a sparse cupboard. Today I took a break from processing my last photoadventure to hop into the kitchen, and conjure up a yummy treat. This delicious cookie is the result of combing almost all the baking ingredients I had in the house with my passion for cookies. Since I know most people enjoy a little guidance on new adventures here is my recipe to get you snacking. Bake into cookies, or roll into balls and refrigerate for a raw alternative.
1. Finely chop 1/2 cup candied ginger
2. Mix in 1 cup un-sweetened shreded coconut, 1/4 cup coconut flour, 1/4 cup buckwheat flour, 1/2 cup buckwheat flakes, salt & cinnamon to taste
3. Melt together in a doubler boiler 1/2 cup coconut oil, 60g dark chocolate, & 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
4. Blend together dry & wet mixtures with 1/4 cup water.
5. Roll into tablespoon sized balls and press lightly, bake for 15min at 300 ‘F
Makes 3 dozen bite size treats to enjoy and share.