Since the onset of autumn I have been spending all my evenings at home with Frank. Summer was crazy with tons of house guests, partying, and recreational activities. It’s been very nice to have tons of quiet time to bond with Frank, and focus on all my favourite hobbies such as cooking and photography. Today after enjoying the sun and learning bicycle repairs with an old friend I came home, and got lost in the kitchen for nearly three hours inventing. This time I created a snack ready peanut butter power ball. I have a more restricted diet than celiac or vegan due to food allergies. As a result I have trouble fueling up before and during long runs which led me to create these powerful little balls. I hope you enjoy.
1. Combine 2/3 cup un-sweatened shreded cocnut, 1/4 cup coconut flour, 1/4 cup buckwheat flower, 1/4 cup buckwheat flakes & a pinch of salt
2. Melt 1/2 cup coconut oil in a double boiler, add 1 tsp. vanilla
3. Mix 1/3 cup water & oil mixture with dry portion.
4. Blend in 1 cup natural peanut butter (I prefer crunchy)
5. Roll into tablespoon sized balls and refridgerate.
Makes approx. 2 dozen.
For added tastiness add 30-60g dark chocolate to double boiler with coconut oil, or roll balls in coconut shreds before refridgerating